- Go to Domains -> Manage Domains and locate the domain you want to use Adsense for Domains on. On the Web Hosting Column (the 3rd from left)..click on DELETE for the selected domain. If you don’t do this, the DNS settings for the domain will be “locked” by Dreamhost and you’ll get an error saying that your entries are invalid or have a duplicate.
- Next, click on DNS on the first column under the domain name of you site. If you did the first step correctly there shouldn’t be a lot of entries left for “Non-editable DreamHost DNS records for yourdomain.com” section.
- Make sure the Nameservers are pointing to Dreamhost (ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com, ns3.dreamhost.com).
- Next, on the custom DNS section, type”www” for the name, then select “CNAME” for the type and for the “value” put in pub-xxxxxxxxx.afd.ghs.google.com. where pub-xxxxxxxxx is your unique Adsense for Domains ID. (you’ll find this on the Adsense Setup-Adsense for Domains in google.com/adsense).
- Once done with that it’s time to put in four (4) A records pointing to the following IP Addresses with the “name field” left as BLANK (as oppose to the walkthrough here: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76049 which says you need to put an “@” value:
- After step 5 go back to your Google Adsense account and click “Request Ownership Verification” on the Actions drop-down.
|Host Name/Alias||Record Type||Value/Destination|
|<LEAVE BLANK!>||A (address)||220.127.116.11|
|<LEAVE BLANK!>||A (address)||18.104.22.168|
|<LEAVE BLANK!>||A (address)||22.214.171.124|
|<LEAVE BLANK!>||A (address)||126.96.36.199|
That’s about it! Just wait a few hours and your site should be verified and ready for customization via Google Adsense.